Skip to main content

FIREEE!!!!









Here, we done a fire effect with my surname in Photoshop. This was done by typing in my surname, Murphy, in four different colours - Black, Red, Yellow and Orange. I then chose a colour to add a flame effect onto it. I only selected any of the red, yellow or orange as they are the colours in which show the fire. With one of those selected, I go onto 'Filter' on the top bar of Photoshop, and chose 'Liquify'. Instead of clicking places, you can simply use the shortcut 'SHIFT + CTRL + X'. That then brings you to a screen which allows you to shape the layer you was on, and drag it out different ways. You done this with all the colour with exception of the black.




To get the shine/reflection underneath the word you have typed. you simply duplicate the layer by simply right clicking on the merged layers of the liquefied red, yellow and orange along with the un-liquefied black, and press duplicate. This can be shortened again by clicking on the layer and pressing 'CTRL + J' on your keyboard. When duplicated, simply Free Transform, 'CTRL + T', press CTRL and grab the corners at the same time, and make it look like it is on the floor. After that, simply just lower down the opacity down and maybe add a little of inner glow. 

In addition, I added some smoke. Usually I would have a brush that creates a smoke look however in this case it was not available so I got a picture of google of smoke, cut it out and lowered the opacity down bringing that realistic effect.

Comments