Skip to main content

Unit 3 - Logo Creation Process

 


Software: Adobe Illustrator


Idea and Reasoning behind this logo:

I wanted this logo to represent the campaign but also fit in with the modern codes and conventions and trends of what makes a good, successful logo.  I wanted the logo to portray the city of Liverpool, and link with the reasonings of the campaign, so by including the Liver Bird seemed acceptable due to the homage and recognition it receives right though the city. 

Process

To start off, the logos were sketched out on paper so I could get a feel of what the logo would look like and work the best, as well as providing a foundation to what the logo could potentially result as. As a designer of logos myself, I do this so I can get a firm understanding of what the logo is trying to communicate. and if any changes need to be made, as well as opening up to different interpretations. 



After the sketching and idea generation, I went into Adobe Illustrator to digitally build the logo, choosing my favourite 3 samples. Here, I built each logo using the shape tools and shape builder tool, later colouring them black. Being my preferred method, using the shape builder tool enabled me to get a cleaner finish in terms of joints and edges, followed by filling it in with black. I do this in black as it allows me to easily understand what the logo looks like and allows me to focus on the design itself and making sure it is proportionally correct. 




As I had my final three icon logos collated and digitally put together, it was time to add colour to bring them alive and represent the campaign furthermore.  As the the whole aim of the campaign is to bring in revenue to the city to help regeneration and bigger opportunities, I went for the light green/ neon blue colour scheme due to the fact they are bright and cheerful, connoting the aims and regeneration plans of the campaign. 




    

The logo I decided to go for is the logo in which is logo number 2, purely for one reason only. That reason being the way the wings of the Liver bird showcase the year when the campaign is taking place. I decided to do this as different variations would take up to much space, did not clearly state when the campaign would be or could not be laid out to look comfortable whilst being presented. 





Comments